How do I setup a user?

If you cannot find an answer to your question in the FAQ section, you can submit a new one here. Or, if you have a suggestion for a new feature or improvement, you may also log it here.

Moderator: mheath73

Raj

How do I setup a user?

Postby Raj » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:08 pm

Hi,

What is the process of creating a new user in UniPhi?

Thanks,
Raj.

grahameldridge

Re: How do I setup a user?

Postby grahameldridge » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:43 pm

The first and most important thing to remember when setting up a new user is to make sure you are in the Portfolio/Resources view, with All Projects selected
all project resource.png
all project resource.png (11.54 KiB) Viewed 3509 times

Then it is simply a matter of pressing the Add Contact button. A new window will be displayed prompting you to add in all relevant information. As with most data entry screens in UniPhi, the more information you have available, the better. The mandatory fields are:
Name
License Type
Email
Add user licence type.png

In the Organisation box you can associate the new contact (user) to the organisation that they work for. By entering the first few letters of the name of the Organisation, UniPhi will present the name of possible matches.
Add user organisation.png
Add user organisation.png (3.74 KiB) Viewed 3509 times

If the organisation has more than one site, you can then select the persons primary site
Add user site.png
Add user site.png (5.86 KiB) Viewed 3509 times

When all necessary info has been entered, you press the save button. When you press the Save button, an automated email will be sent to your new contact (user) informing them that an account has been created. The new user will be prompted to use the automatically generated password for their first login, and then they can set their own password.
Add user email welcome.png

In the event that a user contact enters the password incorrectly 3 times, the account will be locked out.
Add user locked account.png
Add user locked account.png (10.69 KiB) Viewed 3509 times

An administrator can go into the resource and unlock the account, or reset the password if it has been forgotten.
Add user unlock reset password.png

grahameldridge

Postby grahameldridge » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:18 pm

Note that an Administrator user of UniPhi can create a new licenced resource at any time, and there is no requirement for UniPhi staff to make any changes. Simply create the resource, and assign them to the relevant organisation (eg internal for staff members, or external for consultants/contractors) and they will be prompted to log in via an automated email.
We have a YouTube video which demonstrates how to create a new resource, and assign them a licence. View it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC3fK-Me3_M

SMichael

Postby SMichael » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:01 am

Hey Raj,
I came here looking for info on how to delete a resource across all assigned activities?

I have three Resources who are no longer on our project I have deleted one of them as a resource (that is straightforward), but I have noticed today that this person is still coming up on workflows ie. I have set of a new issue this morning - Work Pack Review and the resulting workflow populated with this person, plus he is still allocated across all Activities.

How can I remove a resource across ALL functions, accesses Activities etc etc. in one or two steps rather than having to physically deselect on every function?

Thanks in advance Sonia Michael - OSARS

mheath73

Postby mheath73 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:33 pm

Sorry for the slow reply. Before deleting a user you need to remove them from all projects that they're on, this is not done automatically. If they have been replaced by a new user, you can replace them on all projects using the replace function.
[img]
Capture.PNG
[/img]
Attachments
Capture.PNG

Return to “Ask a question, or provide feedback”